• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Watch Out, InstantPot, Blender, FP. Fair Warning Frypan!

boilsover

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your post; most helpful. 

In the UK (where I am) pre-Covid the Thermomix seems to have been sold only at physical meetings-up of would be purchasers, but they now seem to be selling to individual members of the public, without the need to attend a "sales session".

Petrus 

6 hours ago, petrus said:

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your post; most helpful. 

In the UK (where I am) pre-Covid the Thermomix seems to have been sold only at physical meetings-up of would be purchasers, but they now seem to be selling to individual members of the public, without the need to attend a "sales session".

Petrus 

Yeah - never been a big fan of the Tupperware party method of selling a machine.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:08 PM, teonzo said:

The biggest blast freezer producer in Italy sells a home version too:

http://irinoxfresco.com/

It works also as a low temperature oven, you can use it for proofing bread or cooking sous vide stuff (of course it's much less effective than a water bath with an Anova).

I know some people who bought it, price was around 2000 euro some years ago. They say they are happy, I suppose their electric company is happier.

With that money I would install a professional size electric circuit and buy a professional blast freezer (which costs half, is much bigger and performs better).

Teo

I have one of those in the US, and their customer service for residential products here sucks! Their representative was very adamant that it should not be used to cook anything sous vide (after conferring with the chef at their California showroom) - despite me sending them their promotional PDF where they specifically advertise this function...(they also couldn't find the dimensions for Freddy's companion, Zero's, inside chamber dimensions - after 8 emails)

• Sad 1