• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLANNING: chocolatiers dinner at Bulrush

curls

Consolidated replies for Thursday, 16 May, dinner at Bulrush.

Tasting menu with later dinner time:

- Curls

- TandemChocoPC

- Kerry Beal

- tikidoc + Maddie

- jbates (any time is ok)

Going with the consensus:

- Chocolot

Pending response:

- RobertM

- Anniebakes

Since it appears that quite a few of us are interested in the tasting menu with a later dinner time... what do you think of a 7:30pm reservation for Thursday 16 May? Please feel free to suggest another time if that does not work for your schedule.  What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, curls said:

Since it appears that quite a few of us are interested in the tasting menu with a later dinner time... what do you think of a 7:30pm reservation for Thursday 16 May? Please feel free to suggest another time if that does not work for your schedule.  What are your thoughts?

Let's do it

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, curls said:

Good for me!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gfron1 said:

I took reservations live last night so I'll block 10 seats off and as soon as you're settled we'll release seats back. Thanks.

Thank you Rob! 

It's almost dinner time and Rob is very kindly saving a table for us. I'm still waiting for final confirmation from a few of you. Here is the list that I have so far. Please reply by Tuesday, 16 April if there any updates to your status. If we don't need all the seats that Rob has reserved for us, he should be able to offer them to other customers.

From the Bulrush website the Ozark Tasting Menu is a chance to "Celebrate Chef Rob's Ozark cuisine, rooted in extensive research to the foods of the Ozark settlers, given a hyper-seasonal, modernist approach." The price for the dinner is $100 all inclusive (food, tax, and hospitality). Drinks are optional/additional.

If anyone else would like to join us now is the time to speak up. It is going to be an amazing dinner with a great group of people. Looking forward to seeing everyone in St. Louis!

Consolidated replies for Ozark Tasting Menu dinner at Bulrush 7:30 PM Thursday 16 May 2019.

attending:

- @curls

- @TandemChocoPC

- @Kerry Beal

- @Chocolot

- @jbates

- @RobertM

Pending response:

- @tikidoc + Maddie

- @Anniebakes

Edited by curls
added additional details (log)

Consolidated replies for Ozark Tasting Menu dinner at Bulrush 7:30 PM Thursday 16 May 2019.

attending (7 people):

- curls

- Kerry Beal

- Chocolot

- jbates

- RobertM

- tikidoc + Maddie

maybe:

- Anniebakes

• 2 weeks later...

Donna,

Thursday the 16th is Nancy birthday and figured she would want to go somewhere with just us, but she just told me she would love to go with the group to Bullrush. Is it too late to get on the list? Understand if it is. That’s what I get for trying to predict what she wanted.

David Smith

@lambrecht gourmet / Dave , I going to have to leave this one up to @gfron1. If Rob hasn't released the extra seats from the 10 seats he was holding for us, we have room for you and Nancy since our current number of diners is 7. Happy to add you to our group and help celebrate Nancy's birthday, making us 9, if Rob still has availability.

We can certainly add folks. And @curls you asked me via PM about dietary restrictions. We can handle anything except vegan and dairy free. Just let us know at least 48 hours in advance and we'll take care of the rest. For moral/ethical diets please keep in mind we are 100% local and organic. All of our meats comes from small family farms and everything is made in house so you don't need to worry about processed foods, etc. 

attending (9 people):

- curls

- Kerry Beal

- Chocolot

- jbates

- RobertM

- tikidoc + Maddie

- lambrecht gourmet + Nancy

On 4/27/2019 at 6:01 PM, lambrecht gourmet said:

Donna,

Thursday the 16th is Nancy birthday and figured she would want to go somewhere with just us, but she just told me she would love to go with the group to Bullrush. Is it too late to get on the list? Understand if it is. That’s what I get for trying to predict what she wanted.

Glad Nancy opted to eat with us - it’s always a treat to share a meal with you two!

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

Ericka asked to be put down for three seats. Can I get a final count to lock in. That night is filling in fast so I want to free up any that aren't being used by you all.

With Ericka plus two our final count is 12 people. 

If anyone would like to change their numbers, please post ASAP.

attending (12 people):

- curls

- Kerry Beal

- Chocolot

- jbates

- RobertM

- tikidoc + Maddie

- lambrecht gourmet + Nancy

- @chocoera + 2