• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLANNING: chocolatiers dinner at Bulrush

curls

• 2 weeks later...

16 May dinner at Bulrush... 9 chocolatiers and counting...  I expect that @gfron1 will have his restaurant open soon and then we will know more about the reservation system and dinner hours!

• curls
  • Kerry Beal
  • jbates
  • tikidoc + Maddie
  • TandemChocoPC
  • RobertM
  • Chocolot
  • Anniebakes

It looks like Bulrush's reservation system will be coming online soon. Will post more details when it does. Start thinking about what time you would like to gather for dinner at Bulrush!

I'm so looking forward to dining at chef @gfron1's new restaurant!!!! 🙂

20 minutes ago, gfron1 said:

I'll be able to manually put you in, and our system will allow 30 days out, so when you are locked in let me know and I can take care of it. I believe I'll be taking the system live on Monday but still waiting on one little thing.

Thanks Rob, I truly appreciate that, I'm expecting all of St. Louis to be vying for reservations at Bulrush! Wishing all the best to you and your staff.

Will wait until the Bulrush website is fleshed out with hours and pricing and then we'll get everyone on board with a dinner time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, curls said:

Will wait until the Bulrush website is fleshed out with hours and pricing and then we'll get everyone on board with a dinner time.

Those details are locked in already. Open Thurs-Sun, 5-10. I'll modify the tasting menu seating in the system to accommodate the whole group at once time. The price for the dinner is $100 all inclusive (food, tax and hospitality). Drinks are optional/additional. If anyone prefers the bar, we don't reserve those seats. There are 18 seats at the bar and three 2-tops. The menu at the bar is different and will be around $17-20, with the prices again being all inclusive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gfron1 said:

Those details are locked in already. Open Thurs-Sun, 5-10. I'll modify the tasting menu seating in the system to accommodate the whole group at once time. The price for the dinner is $100 all inclusive (food, tax and hospitality). Drinks are optional/additional. If anyone prefers the bar, we don't reserve those seats. There are 18 seats at the bar and three 2-tops. The menu at the bar is different and will be around $17-20, with the prices again being all inclusive.

TIme for everyone to weigh in @Kerry Beal, @jbates, @tikidoc, @TandemChocoPC, @RobertM, @Chocolot, @Anniebakes . We need to decide on the following:

- dinner time

- tasting menu or bar

My preference is for the tasting menu and I would prefer a later dinner since I am coming in Thursday on a late afternoon / early evening flight. What are your preferences?