• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi!

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I should clarify I know essentially nothing about the culinary arts. However, I have question for someone who does. I'm excited I found this forum because I've been casting around a bit, unsure where to go.

Best,  🙂

Smithgirl

Welcome, smithgirl! As Darienne says above, this is a great place to ask questions and get answers. There are also many topics in which questions have also been asked and answered...and sometimes debated. :) 

If you have any questions about where to find things in the forums, or how to use the forums, feel free to ask a host (I am one) privately, by Personal Messenger, or else ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum, where software questions are asked and answered.

What kind of food do you like to eat? 

• Like 1

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
Host, eG Forums - nsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Thank you everyone! In fact, I've already gotten some help with my question! I think my question is easy for a person who is familiar with alcohols, but because I'm not knowledgeable in this area, I have no idea where to start. So I need other people's expertise.

Thank you for being so welcoming and helpful! :)

23 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Welcome, smithgirl! As Darienne says above, this is a great place to ask questions and get answers. There are also many topics in which questions have also been asked and answered...and sometimes debated. :) 

If you have any questions about where to find things in the forums, or how to use the forums, feel free to ask a host (I am one) privately, by Personal Messenger, or else ask in the Moderation and Policy Discussion forum, where software questions are asked and answered.

What kind of food do you like to eat? 

Actually, I have a cocktail-related question. I'm actually not much of a foodie, although I look some interesting fusion food. I like the Momofuko restaurants in NYC. Sadly, I will probably just drop by this forum when I need culinary/drink expertise for my books.