• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Not earth-shaking, but a cool refinement on induction

chromedome

On 3/16/2019 at 11:17 AM, boilsover said:

Don't be snide.  Lots of people value cooking enough to move or remodel.  Lack of counterspace is a high level complaint, and shuffling PICs around trying to get it is a fool's errand.

If he wants the ascetic aesthetic, that's his choice.  But he'll pay for it at resale.

What you call snide I call generous. I'm offering lighthearted mockery rather than my unfiltered response to the presumption that readers would have the choice to buy a new house  when they don't like their counters.

• Like 1

Notes from the underbelly

5 hours ago, paulraphael said:

What you call snide I call generous. I'm offering lighthearted mockery rather than my unfiltered response to the presumption that readers would have the choice to buy a new house  when they don't like their counters.

Mock all you want.  Why hold back?

Actually, there's nothing in this thread that would indicate anyone is sentenced by penury to keeping tiny counters.  Or even keeping a house or apartment with a problem kitchen.  In fact, lemniscate mentioned meeting with an architect to design a new kitchen in a new home.  Not exactly a scene from Dickens, now is it?

Edited by boilsover (log)