• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Bentley

Bentley

On 3/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, EllaCh said:

I have got some Ruby chocolate (callets from Callebaut, obviously) and moulded some sample bars for my friends. One person didn't like it at all (spat it out, to be truthful), one person said it tasted like white chocolate with added fruits but majority was happy with its taste and colour. Personally, I like it, it is very fruity but it is not "chocolatey enough" if that makes sense. Sorry the picture is not the best.

I was at Trader Joe today picked up a bag of the Ruby chocolate as I had never tried it before.  I think  "fruity white chocolate" is a perfect description.  I do have to say that I find the color off-putting.  It is not an attractive shade.

Bentley

Bentley

On 3/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, EllaCh said:

I have got some Ruby chocolate (callets from Callebaut, obviously) and moulded some sample bars for my friends. One person didn't like it at all (spat it out, to be truthful), one person said it tasted like white chocolate with added fruits but majority was happy with its taste and colour. Personally, I like it, it is very fruity but it is not "chocolatey enough" if that makes sense. Sorry the picture is not the best.

I was at Trader Joe today picked up a bag of the Ruby chocolate as I had never tried it before.  I think  "fruity white chocolate" is a perfect description.