• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2019 James Beard Awards

Toliver

"Here Are the 2019 James Beard Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists"

Today, the James Beard Foundation announced its Restaurant and Chef Awards semifinalists for 2019. And this year, the list promises to be more diverse than years prior.

Back in October, the James Beard Foundation changed its policies to ensure a more diverse group of decision makers and award winners. For the first time, the makeup of its awards committees would mirror the demographics of the U.S. census. To that end, there are new committee members on the expanded list of 19: food writers Khushbu Shah, Joseph Hernandez, and Adrian Miller. The foundation also asked these committee members to increase the diversity of the awards judges, a group that includes the committee members and industry experts, as well as hundreds of previous James Beard Award winners and regional panelists.

Does anyone have the complete list of all of the awards? I couldn't find them on the James Beard Awards web site.

• Like 1

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Nice to see so many folks from my now-hometown of Richmond VA –

Evrim Dogu and Evin Dogu, Sub Rosa Bakery

Mama J’s

An Bui, Mekong and The Answer Brewpub

Sandeep “Sunny” Baweja, Lehja

Though, I do wish they’d stop putting Richmond VA in the mid-atlantic.  They are confused.  We are the south. 😊

• 4 weeks later...

This is a much more detailed list of the nominations (includes books/writing categories):

"Here Are the 2019 James Beard Awards Restaurant, Chef, and Media Finalists"

There's a link at the very bottom of the article/list for the James Beard web site.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver