• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philips Avance Grill

Kerry Beal

45 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

You were not checking the cod by temperature?  A minor problem with asparagus, one spear escaped down through the grate.  But it was possibly the best asparagus I've cooked.  Seriously.

No, I wasn't.  I go by flakiness, the fish, not me.  I'll try it again with my Thermapen.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, rotuts said:

Ive forgotten

so please forgive me

you have tp wear eye protection ?

You don't have to, but they say not to look at the light.  I wore sunglasses first couple times I used mine.  Then I got lazy.  My eyes aren't so good anyhow.

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

33 minutes ago, lindag said:

Yes.

I am jealous.  I called WS and they were not even seeing a 20% discount code on the site!  I told the representative it appeared as a banner on top of every page; she could not see it.  She suggested I must be using a browser addon.  I am not.

The code I was trying to apply was 877L-7C68-VJH6.  The grill is sitting in my cart and if the code would have worked I would have gone for it.

As I recall the Philips sale is good through 12/5 so I may yet consider it.

12 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I am jealous.  I called WS and they were not even seeing a 20% discount code on the site!  I told the representative it appeared as a banner on top of every page; she could not see it.  She suggested I must be using a browser addon.  I am not.

The code I was trying to apply was 877L-7C68-VJH6.  The grill is sitting in my cart and if the code would have worked I would have gone for it.

As I recall the Philips sale is good through 12/5 so I may yet consider it.

Did you try Honey?

Just now, lindag said:

Are you buying a second grill?

I tried to.  Meanwhile I note amazon now has the Philips grill for $129.99 (new, ships from and sold by amazon).  But that is without the WS exclusive stainless grid.

You all need to stop!  Last year, I bought a Smart Oven and a Control Freak because so many of you had great things to say about those; and they're wonderful.  I don't have room for this grill but you've all made me want one!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

their may be brewer issues w the coupon.

mine went to the site , and the page what blank.

but I use LittleSnich so the site the coupon came from might be blocked 

Im passing   I have so much stuff I don't use

Id love to hear what the rotisserie is like

for the memories and aromas of rotisserie chicken

if I get a very big hankering for it

Ill do vertical on my Weber

5811D32A-1A7A-4277-897A-A0F54DD83EFD.thumb.jpeg.58ca7d0c1920baeaa384422bd7a0027a.jpeg

Sirloin cap (picanha) salted and  refrigerated uncovered for about 12 hours. 

BEB65305-C610-4422-9241-3FB20CABDBB4.thumb.jpeg.06280bdceb96f02a43bca73fbeea235d.jpeg

On the grill. 

8C19876D-A1E3-4004-9BAA-10F6D865AA16.thumb.jpeg.17823051a564ada0f7467a1d770fcacd.jpeg

on the plate. 

8B363750-C21D-457A-834C-59BDC1EB933F.thumb.jpeg.351d7696d3e2feba2985e8a44d8d1320.jpeg

A little more well done then I had hoped but I’m learning. 

E1370E84-655E-4A2A-B604-65809FC4E39B.thumb.jpeg.16f3b493049ae9e1742fc4de6027568f.jpeg

Washed down by a glass (perhaps more than one) that I received as a gift. I am no wine connoisseur I just know what I like and I liked this. 

• Like 11
  • Delicious 2

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

20 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

@Anna N were your vegetables also done on the Philips?

No they were roasted in the Breville Smart Oven. I did them earlier in the day and reheated them at dinner time. 

• Thanks 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog