• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

1 hour ago, KennethT said:

Nice. How was cleanup after that? Did it make a lot of smoke?  Did you happen to get a couple of shots of it in action?

I put the rotisserie base and forks in the dishwasher.  Could have easily washed them up with soap and warm water in the sink as I did with the spit. 

Cleaning the grill itself isn't really any different from usual.  There's a bit more grease on the angled reflector and the glass that covers the bulbs but not too much.  I generally use this thing for vegetables, shrimp and the occasional sausage so it stays pretty clean.  

Zero smoke.  The drippings go straight down into a removable tray that's not heated.  Having it on for that long (~ 90 min) does generate a good bit of heat which could easily be addressed with an exhaust fan.  In my case, the cord isn't long enough to let me set the grill on the cooktop where the exhaust fan (that I don't have anyway) would be most effective. 

Sorry, no action shots. There's a little video in one of the Amazon reviews.  Not sure if that link will take you to it.  It was submitted by Skilos on Aug 8, 2020.  Edited to add that I think Skilos must have a pet bird as I don't think that screech sound is coming from either the chicken or the rotisserie. 

Back to the drippings.  I usually keep the drip tray covered with aluminum foil for easier clean up and I didn't bother to change it out before this cook because I figured it was just going to get dirtier but I wish I had because I could have had some nice, clean chicken fat to save.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

Nice. How was cleanup after that? Did it make a lot of smoke?  Did you happen to get a couple of shots of it in action?

I put the rotisserie base and forks in the dishwasher.  Could have easily washed them up with soap and warm water in the sink as I did with the spit. 

Cleaning the grill itself isn't really any different from usual.  There's a bit more grease on the angled reflector and the glass that covers the bulbs but not too much.  I generally use this thing for vegetables, shrimp and the occasional sausage so it stays pretty clean.  

Zero smoke.  The drippings go straight down into a removable tray that's not heated.  Having it on for that long (~ 90 min) does generate a good bit of heat which could easily be addressed with an exhaust fan.  In my case, the cord isn't long enough to let me set the grill on the cooktop where the exhaust fan (that I don't have anyway) would be most effective. 

Sorry, no action shots. There's a little video in one of the Amazon reviews.  Not sure if that link will take you to it.  It was submitted by Skilos on Aug 8, 2020.  Edited to add that I think Skilos must have a pet bird as I don't think that screech should is coming from either the chicken or the rotisserie. 

Back to the drippings.  I usually keep the drip tray covered with aluminum foil for easier clean up and I didn't bother to change it out before this cook because I figured it was just going to get dirtier but I wish I had because I could have had some nice, clean chicken fat to save.  

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

punctuation

Sorry, no action shots. There's a little video in one of the Amazon reviews.  Not sure if that link will take you to it.  It was submitted by Skilos on Aug 8, 2020.

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

39 minutes ago, KennethT said:

I put the rotisserie base and forks in the dishwasher could have easily washed them up with soap and warm water in the sink as I did with the spit. 

Sorry, no action shots. There's a little video in one of the Amazon reviews.  Not sure if that link will take you to it.  It was submitted by Skilos on Aug 8, 2020.