• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

ronnie_suburban

ronnie_suburban

I think about Steven often.  He was a friend and a mentor, and one of the smartest, funniest, warmest and most generous people I have ever met.  I remember fondly the times we spent together in NC, at several Heartland Gatherings and in my hometown of Chicago.  I help run a local food discussion forum here, and hardly a day goes by when I don't wonder how Steven would have handled one situation or another there.  Frankly, it'd be way beneath him but still, I know he would have happily given me guidance if I were able to ask him for it.  What a loss that he's not here with us.  They say only the good die young.  In Steven's case, that was certainly true.

Here's a shot of Steven, Ellen and PJ at the Rock & Roll HOF in Cleveland in August of 2011, where a bunch of us met up for a Heartland Gathering . . .

eGcleveland.2011.0805.01.steven&family.j

RIP, my friend.

=R=

ronnie_suburban

ronnie_suburban

I think about Steven often.  He was a friend and a mentor, and one of the smartest, funniest, warmest and most generous people I have ever met.  I remember fondly the times we spent together in NC, at several Heartland Gatherings and in my hometown of Chicago.  I help run a local food discussion forum here, and hardly a day goes by when I don't wonder how Steven would have handled one situation or another there.  Frankly, it'd be way beneath him but still, I know he would have happily given me guidance if I were able to ask him for it.  What a loss that he's not here with us.  They say only the good die young.  In Steven's case, that was certainly true.

Here's a shot of Steven, Ellen and PJ at the Rock & Roll HOF in August 2011, where a bunch of us met up for a Heartland Gathering . . .

eGcleveland.2011.0805.01.steven&family.j

RIP, my friend.

=R=