• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Slate Article: Gordon Ramsay Changed Everything About How My Kids Eat

chromedome

• Like 8

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

Yes he pushes the envelope on senory experiences but I tke issue with his non-normative emotional outbursts. I have worked with autistic people and there are less dramatic ways to integrate issues with nutrition and sensation .  I am not  a fan of the term "normal" so do not mean to imply that as a meauring stick. However as we intergrate iot society there are judgments and norms.  Yelling and screaming - ,maybe not so productive 

what+is+normal.jpg

• Like 1

nice article

this made my day :

“Table one, three cover. Three turkey, two mash, two stuffing, one apple, heard?”

don't care for outbursts , as they add very little and can subtract quite a lot

I do know that GR is an outstanding Chef

I have several of his TV solo cooking shows and now Ill have to take another peek at them

thanks for the article

1 hour ago, rotuts said:

nice article

this made my day :

“Table one, three cover. Three turkey, two mash, two stuffing, one apple, heard?”

Yeah, that part fractured me as well. :)

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning