• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

38 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Pastrygirl, what I meant with the 2-9% is my ganaches with alcohol range in % of 2-9 per batch size. But that is not how much is in each chocolate.  For example, I have a ganache that I use Kahlua in and there is 9% Kahlua in the whole ganache batch, but only 2.5 grams go into each chocolate that I'm producing, so I would figure that there is less than 0.5% alcohol per chocolate.   

So in that example the kahlua ganache is only part of the piece?  There’s another layer of ganache and the shell? So the 2.5 grams might have 2% abv but it’s only a quarter of the truffle, making the whole finished piece 0.5%?

Can the LCB give you any guidelines on how they want you to calculate it?

if you are over the limit and you do want to continue,  looks like you need the grocery store with a snack bar license and alcohol in candy endorsement.   Edited to add -or maybe that’s only for the seller and there’s a different license for producers. The tasting room obviously already has a liquor license so LCB is looking at you as a producer. 

https://lcb.wa.gov/publications/licensing/forms/LIQ-180-Retail-Liquor_License-Endorsement-Descriptions-and-Fees.doc

Maybe you need the liquor producer license - is it worth $500?  

https://lcb.wa.gov/publications/licensing/forms/LIQ-181-Non-Retail-Liquor-License-Descriptions-and-Fees.doc

I hope it was a good event otherwise. :/ 

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

36 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

Pastrygirl, what I meant with the 2-9% is my ganaches with alcohol range in % of 2-9 per batch size. But that is not how much is in each chocolate.  For example, I have a ganache that I use Kahlua in and there is 9% Kahlua in the whole ganache batch, but only 2.5 grams go into each chocolate that I'm producing, so I would figure that there is less than 0.5% alcohol per chocolate.   

So in that example the kahlua ganache is only part of the piece?  There’s another layer of ganache and the shell? So the 2.5 grams might have 2% abv but it’s only a quarter of the truffle, making the whole finished piece 0.5%?

if you are over the limit and you do want to continue,  looks like you need the grocery store with a snack bar license and alcohol in candy endorsement.   Edited to add -or maybe that’s only for the seller and there’s a different license for producers. The tasting room obviously already has a liquor license so they’re looking at you as a producer. 

https://lcb.wa.gov/publications/licensing/forms/LIQ-180-Retail-Liquor_License-Endorsement-Descriptions-and-Fees.doc

Maybe you need the liquor producer license - is it worth $500?  

https://lcb.wa.gov/publications/licensing/forms/LIQ-181-Non-Retail-Liquor-License-Descriptions-and-Fees.doc

I hope it was a good event otherwise. I’d sold a bunch of truffles to Hard Row to Hoe, who have a tasting room in Chelan. I didn’t go that far,  just met them in Enumclaw at the Wine & Chocolate Fest.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

25 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

if you are over the limit and you do want to continue,  looks like you need the grocery store with a snack bar license and alcohol in candy endorsement.   Edited to add -or maybe that’s only for the seller and there’s a different license for producers. The tasting room obviously already has a liquor license so they’re looking at you as a producer. 

I hope it was a good event otherwise. I’d sold a bunch of truffles to Hard Row to Hoe, who have a tasting room in Chelan. I didn’t go that far,  just met them in Enumclaw at the Wine & Chocolate Fest.

pastrygirl

pastrygirl

4 minutes ago, YetiChocolates said:

if you are over the limit and you do want to continue,  looks like you need the grocery store with a snack bar license and alcohol in candy endorsement.