• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

donk79

donk79

FlL is pretty dominant around me.  They definitely aim for the lower end market, though some renovations I have seen recently suggest they are starting to aim higher.  And they are not entirely bottom of the market.  I have a local grocery near me that has a few good highlights, and local character going for it.  When I want more, like a chance at decently fresh fruit, I spend 20 more minutes on the road to go to Food Lion.  When I want good fruit, I spend 40 more minutes on the road to go to Martin's (Giant).

I am eagerly waiting for for the day that Wegmans or Trader Joe's is less than an hour away.

donk79

donk79

FlL is pretty dominant around me.  They definitely aim for the lower end market, though some renovations I have seen recently suggest they are starting to aim higher.  And they are not entirely bottom of the market.  I have a local grocery near me that has a few good highlights, and local character going for it.  When I want more, like a chance at decently fresh fruit, I spend 20 more minutes on the road to go to Food Lion.  When I want good fruit, I spend 40 more minutes on the road to go to Martin's (Giant).

I eagerly waiting for for the day that Wegmans or Trader Joe's is less than an hour away.