• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I haven't had fries from every place on that list, but I'd say it matches up fairly well with what I have had.  

I've only had fries from Five Guys once, but I'd put them at the top.  

Only had fries from In-N-Out a couple of times, and I'd put them near the bottom (I'd order them well-done if I'm ever there again.)  

I don't know why more places don't do crinkle cut fries. They can be very good.

I agree with Toliver to skip the fries at Sonic and get tater tots instead.

Wienerschnitzel is a guilty pleasure for me.  Their fries aren't very good, but sometimes a chili cheese dog(or two) with onions from there is just what I want.  The components are cheap but come together to produce something better than it should be.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I haven't had fries from every place on that list, but I'd say it matches up fairly well with what I have had.  

Only had fries from In-N-Out a couple of times, and I'd put them near the bottom (I'd order them well-done if I'm ever there again.)  

Wienerschnitzel is a guilty pleasure for me.  Their fries aren't very good, but sometimes a chili cheese dog(or two) with onions from there is just what I want.  The components are cheap, but come together to produce something better than it should be.

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Wienerschnitzel is a guilty pleasure for me.  Their fries aren't very good, but sometimes a chili cheese dog(or two) with onions from there is just what I want.  The components are cheap, but come together produce something better than it should be.