• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Is this decent ghee?

Kim Shook

So, I'm using ghee in place of clarified butter to dip our king crab legs in.  I bought Dellah Global Kitchen Clarified Water Buffalo Milk Butter - Desi Ghee because that was all they had at Kroger.  Does anyone one know if this is good stuff?  If not, can you recommend some other brand that you know is high quality?  I have access to Whole Foods, Fresh Market and Wegman's.  Since we are going to be basically drinking this stuff, I want it to taste great.  Thank you, as always!!!

Well, since no one else seemed to be any more informed about ghee brands as I did (😁), I went ahead with the Dellah.  It was great.  I used it to dip the crab into and also to sear a sous vide steak.  Nice feeling to stump eG once in a while.  LOL

• Like 5