• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mesa Verde National Park dining

Has anyone eaten recently at the Metate Room at the Far View Lodge in Mesa Verde National Park? Many years ago my husband and I had wonderful meals while staying at the Lodge, to the point that we extended our stay so we could eat our way through more of the menu. Especially memorable was the prickly pear creme brulee, but there were many other menu items that we devoured with great pleasure. Some of the appetizers were particularly good. I just wish it hadn't been so long ago because now I can't recall more of the menu. I'd like to find out if the restaurant is still as good as I remember it. I hope the Lodge has been upgraded in the intervening years, because it was a little rough around the edges compared to the elegant dining room at the restaurant.

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

• Like 1

Formerly "Nancy in CO"