• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kindness and Salt

heidih

Thanks, Heidi!

I just finished listening to the interview.

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

• 1 month later...

I sat and read through the book while dining at the bar at French Louie, and it was an enjoyable book! 

I don't really have ANY MORE real estate that can be given over to cookbooks, particularly since I was kind of saving a spot for that new Noma book.  But I kinda want this one.  I'm picking it up from the library today so I guess I'll make the decision within a couple of weeks.  

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, SLB said:

I sat and read through the book while dining at the bar at French Louie, and it was an enjoyable book! 

I don't really have ANY MORE real estate that can be given over to cookbooks, particularly since I was kind of saving a spot for that new Noma book.  But I kinda want this one.  I'm picking it up from the library today so I guess I'll make the decision within a couple of weeks.  

If I want to buy a cookbook my metric is if I want to copy out 1/3 or more of the recipes.... I buy the book.  Then figure out what I can offer on the FREE Cookbook thread to make way for the new one.

Edited by suzilightning (log)

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites