• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

Added link

I like Pecorino Calabrese a bit more than Pecorino Romano.  It's like Romano lite--less pungent but still pretty salty.  It had been a while since I've had Romano, but recently I'm finding that I even like that more than I used to.  Not sure why that is, maybe some sort of lingering cheese phobia from childhood that I'm finally shaking off completely LOL.  Not pecorino, but I've picked up a  small amount of Ewephoria (aged sheep's milk gouda) to try.  Like I said in my original post I know very little about cheeses, so this is a whole new world for me.

I also liked the Piave(aged red label.) Much milder than Parm-Reg but still nice flavor.

And I bought Liz Thorpe's The Book of Cheese which I think is going to be tremendously useful to me.  Amazon has it for $22 ($40 retail hardcover.) It's a really nice book.

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Cheese-Essential-Discovering-Cheeses/dp/1250063450/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Liz+thorpe&qid=1550275537&s=books&sr=1-1

Chimayo Joe

Chimayo Joe

I like Pecorino Calabrese a bit more than Pecorino Romano.  It's like Romano lite--less pungent but still pretty salty.  It had been a while since I've had Romano, but recently I'm finding that I even like that more than I used to.  Not sure why that is, maybe some sort of lingering cheese phobia from childhood that I'm finally shaking off completely LOL.  Not pecorino, but I've picked up a  small amount of Ewephoria (aged sheep's milk gouda) to try.  Like I said in my original post I know very little about cheeses, so this is a whole new world for me.

I also liked the Piave(aged red label.) Much milder than Parm-Reg but still nice flavor.

And I bought Liz Thorpe's The Book of Cheese which I think is going to be tremendously useful to me.  Amazon has it for $22 ($40 retail hardcover.) It's a really nice book.