• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jim D.

Jim D.

I don't believe you have mentioned the blueberry ganache, at least in this thread. Is it the ganache you mentioned paired with the lemon PdF? I have been working on getting real blueberry flavor in a filling for some time but without success. The blueberry flavor gets lost in everything else (white chocolate, for example). Can you elaborate on how you make it?  I tried fresh blueberries directly from the farmers' market, but they were bland. Maybe purchased blueberry purée has a better flavor?

Jim D.

Jim D.

I don't believe you have mentioned the blueberry ganache, at least in this thread. Is it the ganache you mentioned paired with the lemon PdF? I have been working on getting real blueberry flavor in a filling for some time but without success. The blueberry flavor gets lost in everything else (white chocolate, for example). Can you elaborate on how you make it?  I tried fresh blueberries directly from the farmers' market, but they were bland. Maybe purchased blueberry purée is has a better flavor?