• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi from Kentucky

bonniebennet

9 minutes ago, bonniebennet said:

Greetings! Hi, this is Bonnie Bennet from Kentucky. I'm a home cook especially interested in Italian cuisine.

Welcome!

• Like 1

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

Welcome, near--neighbor, from northeast Arkansas. What part of Kentucky? Spent a good deal of time in the Mayfield/South Fulton/Murray area. Grew up in TN not far from the KY line.

• Like 1

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

On 1/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, kayb said:

Welcome, near--neighbor, from northeast Arkansas. What part of Kentucky? Spent a good deal of time in the Mayfield/South Fulton/Murray area. Grew up in TN not far from the KY line.

I live in West Kentucky, in Murray specifically. I love it here, i lived in many other areas before KY and after for a,while, including Guam as a child.

Thanks so much for warm welcome!

Edited by bonniebennet (log)

I was born and raised in western Kentucky in Livingston County, in the 1940s and early 50s on my grandfather's farm northwest of Salem.

• Like 2

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett