• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

Anniversary, 59 years, is coming up and I would like to have smoked salmon for a treat.  We live outside a smallish, provincial Ontario city which is not known for its exotic culinary output.  I don't know of any delicatessens which carry smoked salmon and so I am going to have to buy it in one of the mainstream grocery stores.  And just noting we don't have a Food Basics or a Longo's in the bunch.  

I've tried a couple of smoked salmons ...names forgotten...from Costco and found them unsatisfactory.  Or am I chasing an impossible dream?

Thanks. 

Darienne

Darienne

Anniversary, 59 years, is coming up and I would like to have smoked salmon for a treat.  We live outside a smallish, provincial city which is not known for its exotic culinary output.  I don't know of any delicatessens which carry smoked salmon and so I am going to have to buy it in one of the mainstream grocery stores.  And just noting we don't have a Food Basics or a Longo's in the bunch.  

I've tried a couple of smoked salmons ...names forgotten...from Costco and found them unsatisfactory.  Or am I chasing an impossible dream?

Thanks.