• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sign in to follow this  
Jim D.

Opaque Transfer Sheets

Has anyone found transfer sheets that are opaque?  If one uses white chocolate, colors will show up without a problem, but with milk or dark, the story is different. A few colors will work: white, orange, some yellows, some blues, some greens. But it's quite unpredictable, and the colors I most want (red, for instance) get quite muddy when used with a darker chocolate. It's even more frustrating because on websites that sell transfers, the reds appear vibrantly red no matter what chocolate they are on.  Over the years I have been fooled again and again by this trick photography and ended up with disappointing results. The person who invents always-opaque transfers will make money. I expect that a background white layer is the answer but wonder why no manufacturer has done that (to my knowledge).

Sign in to follow this