• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tuber magnatum

Tuber magnatum

58 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I just zizz the hell out of it or whisk real fast. I haven’t had a problem though I don’t use it too often. 

The green looks leafy leafy as do the speckles. Xanthan is great for keeping particulates in suspension...like in a bottled salad dressing. If he blanched spinach or something and puréed it that could look like this. 

Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing about the particles in suspension.  I was amazed though at the vibrancy of green and was wondering what he used.

As for the stick blender or vita mix, I usually don't have enough volume to make those particularly effective, which was why I was so hopeful the pre hydrated xanthan would allow me to more easily incorporate it into a small volume of liquid.  I guess I just need to be more aggressive with a hand whisk?

Tuber magnatum

Tuber magnatum

57 minutes ago, gfweb said:

I just zizz the hell out of it or whisk real fast. I haven’t had a problem though I don’t use it too often. 

The green looks leafy leafy as do the speckles. Xanthan is great for keeping particulates in suspension...like in a bottled salad dressing. If he blanched spinach or something and puréed it that could look like this. 

Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing about the particles in suspension.  I was amazed though at the vibrancy of green and was wondering what he used.  As for the stick blender or vita mix, I usually don't have enough volume to make those particularly effective, which was why I was so hopeful the pre hydrated xanthan would allow me to more easily incorporate it into a small volume of liquid.  I guess I just need to be more aggressive with a hand whisk?

Tuber magnatum

Tuber magnatum

54 minutes ago, gfweb said:

Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing about the particles in suspension.  I was amazed though at the vibrancy of green and was wondering what he used.  As for the stick blender or vita mix,

I usually don't have enough volume to make those particularly effective, which was why I was so hopeful the pre hydrated xanthan would allow me to more easily incorporate it into a small volume of liquid.