• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hello

Pleasant

Hello everyone,

i am new to this forum and looking forward to exploring it,  I am Coordinator for a community centre kitchen with a small staff and lots of volunteers. We cook from scratch and try to have culturally diverse, budget friendly menus. I am always on the lookout for new recipes, new ideas, suggestions and advice from other experienced cooks and food security folks,  

Thanks for being here!

• Like 2

Welcome! I captain a volunteer team that cooks once every 10 weeks for a soup kitchen that feeds 60-75 people on Saturdays. We" do a lot of soups and stews, chili dogs and the like. One of the favorites is white bean and Italian sausage soup with greens. Happy to send you that recipe. We also do a "taco soup" that everyone seems to like. Outside the soup realm, we find baked chicken, meat loaf, ham and pork shoulder roast to be good options.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com