• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

5 hours ago, BonVivant said:

Had lunch in the big city Düsseldorf on Saturday. First time returning to this brewery's restaurant in a long time. The whole town and restaurants or cafes were absolutely full of partying football supporters. It was insanely crowded and loud everywhere.

Not one photo of this dish on review sites anywhere. Creamy broad beans with Speck is home-style food. One of the reasons I prefer eating at brewery-restaurants in Germany. It's where you can eat typical, home-style food (not to mention the prices are usually agreeable).

The bill

ReFpbsh.jpg

This was outside the restaurant. The same inside but people were sitting and eating, and drinking of course.

My own lunch was oven baked beetroot falafel and tortillas.

Beetroot falafel sounds appealing. Just raw grated into mix before frying you think?  I would have been tempted to make off with some of the Little Fox beer items - fairytale like. At least the coaster - I'd sit on my hands about the glassware. (I am kidding)  :)

heidih

heidih

5 hours ago, BonVivant said:

Had lunch in the big city Düsseldorf on Saturday. First time returning to this brewery's restaurant in a long time. The whole town and restaurants or cafes were absolutely full of partying football supporters. It was insanely crowded and loud everywhere.

RXOqqHa.jpg

Plate of different sausages and Speck, Sauerkraut and creamy mash. It baffles me when someone says they have leftover mashed potatoes. Put enough cream and butter in mine and watch it disappear from my plate!

The meats:  boiled Speck (quite salty), ball of liver, Kochwurst (a type of sausage), Blutwurst (blood sausage), Leberwurst (liver sausage) and Mettwurst (a type of sausage).

X0XH4BJ.jpg

Not one photo of this dish on review sites anywhere. Creamy broad beans with Speck is home-style food. One of the reasons I prefer eating at brewery-restaurants in Germany. It's where you can eat typical, home-style food (not to mention the prices are usually agreeable).

vN3D1Qb.jpg

The bill

ReFpbsh.jpg

This was outside the restaurant. The same inside but people were sitting and eating, and drinking of course.

My own lunch was oven baked beetroot falafel and tortillas.

Beetroot falafel sounds appealing. Just raw grated into mix before frying you think?  I would have been tempted to make off with some of the Little Fox beer items - fairytale like. At least the coaster - I'd sit on my hands about the glassware. (I am kidding)  :)