• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Raamo

Raamo

New Orleans–Style Red Beans and Rice

20191118_110429.thumb.jpg.630c32f8ed9165cf73ffec9fe7d9f3e3.jpg

Made this yesterday, let cool down and reheat today - recipe says this is for optimal texture - and had some for lunch - this was excellent.  Our first time trying this - it was mentioned on reddit at the top of a thread about making once and enjoying all week.  We should get 5 servings out of what I made yesterday.  I used a smoked ham hock for the first time - brings some nice smokiness and complexity!  I replaced the andouille sausage with hot italian and it works well IMO.

Raamo

Raamo

New Orleans–Style Red Beans and Rice

20191118_110429.thumb.jpg.630c32f8ed9165cf73ffec9fe7d9f3e3.jpg

Made this yesterday, let cool down and reheat today - recipe says this is best - and had some for lunch - this was excellent.  Our first time trying this - it was mentioned on reddit at the top of a thread about making once and enjoying all week.  We should get 5 servings out of what I made yesterday.  I used a smoked ham hock for the first time - brings some nice smokiness and complexity!  I replaced the andouille sausage with hot italian and it works well IMO.