• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

I brought Spain home with me.

Phc1d6e.jpg

Grated Raf tomatoes for the toast. Unfiltered olive oil also brought back from Spain.

wLWcNBg.jpg

We each carried 3 kilos of tomatoes in our carry-on. Only a few got bruised. Have been eating tomatoes and unfiltered olive oil every day since I got home.

cfv4Duv.jpg

Rosa de la Reina is grown in the Sierra, where I stayed during my hiking holiday. The tomatoes on this plate weigh 3kg. They are very dense and heavy.

E43a2An.jpg

Lunch in Aracena. Nice cider from Asturia, good sourdough bread, and a small plate of Rosa tomatoes was brought to us shortly after we sat down.

fIA1P6H.jpg

Freshly cooked chips. On to second bottle of cider by now.

0WqDMrQ.jpg

Ripe and juicy Rosa.

Xy4oDlK.jpg

Just like most villages in the Sierra, Aracena is known for Jamon.

l4Ylymz.jpg

Black label, 100% Iberico de Bellota.

sSumGjW.jpg

Last Pluma here. It's not a common Iberico cut 1.5hrs away in big city Sevilla.

LrgxYxV.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

I brought Spain home with me.

Phc1d6e.jpg

Grated Raf tomatoes for the toast. Unfiltered olive oil also brought back from Spain.

wLWcNBg.jpg

We each carried 3 kilos of tomatoes in our carry-on. Only a few got bruised. Have been eating tomatoes and unfiltered olive oil every day since I got home.

cfv4Duv.jpg

Rosa de la Reina is grown in the Sierra, where I stayed during my hiking holiday. The tomatoes on this plate weigh 3kg. They are very dense and heavy.

E43a2An.jpg

Lunch in Aracena. Nice cider from Asturia, good sourdough bread, and a small plate of Rosa tomatoes was brought to us shortly after we sat down.

fIA1P6H.jpg

Freshly cooked chips. On second bottle of cider by now.

0WqDMrQ.jpg

Ripe and juicy Rosa.

Xy4oDlK.jpg

Just like most villages in the Sierra, Aracena is known for Jamon.

l4Ylymz.jpg

Black label, 100% Iberico de Bellota.

sSumGjW.jpg

Last Pluma here. It's not a common Iberico cut 1.5hrs away in big city Sevilla.

LrgxYxV.jpg