• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

From before the holidays. Potato dumplings with Sauerkraut and crispy fried Speck.

8basnHH.jpg

Y5mhTwX.jpg

Big and rich lunch in Aracena. Top notch jamon and good tomatoes.

OjJkBz4.jpg

A piece of Iberico loin and 3 ribs.

Zx39AHs.jpg

Trotters

uU1AqMY.jpg

Good restaurants usually have a bunch of olive oils for you to try. Spaniards eat a lot of things with the oil. Well, they have got a match.

i5TCPh4.jpg

Cinco Jotas is the most famous jamon producer in Jabugo. "5J" means top notch jamon. "J" stands for Jabugo.

wsTV2lm.jpg

Jose Vincente, the cook and owner, showed me around the kitchen and posed for me. We had a long chat after lunch, his son being our translator. He does all the cooking and is the only one in the kitchen doing everything. He asked if I liked the tomatoes. Of course I did. Said he used good tomatoes, even skinned them. He uses only good stuff. Meat, jamones, oils etc. His restaurant is well-known in Aracena, long before the tourists found out about it.

4XMr7mi.jpg

Proud cook and his sons.

fQqopLC.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

From before the holidays. Potato dumplings with Sauerkraut and crispy fried Speck.

8basnHH.jpg

Y5mhTwX.jpg

OjJkBz4.jpg

Iberico loin with ribs.

Zx39AHs.jpg

Trotters

uU1AqMY.jpg

Good restaurants usually have a bunch of olive oils for you to try. Spaniards eat a lot of things with the oil. Well, they have got a match.

i5TCPh4.jpg

Cinco Jotas is the most famous jamon producer in Jabugo. "5J" means top notch jamon. "J" stands for Jabugo.

wsTV2lm.jpg

Jose Vincente, the cook and owner, showed me around the kitchen and posed for me. We had a long chat after lunch, his son being our translator. He does all the cooking and is the only one in the kitchen doing everything. He asked if I liked the tomatoes. Of course I did. Said he used good tomatoes, even skinned them. He uses only good stuff. Meat, jamones, oils etc. His restaurant is well-known in Aracena, long before the tourists found out about it.

4XMr7mi.jpg

Proud cook and his sons.

fQqopLC.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

8basnHH.jpg

Y5mhTwX.jpg

OjJkBz4.jpg

Iberico loin with ribs.

Zx39AHs.jpg

Trotters

uU1AqMY.jpg

i5TCPh4.jpg

wsTV2lm.jpg

Jose Vincente, the cook and owner, showed me around the kitchen and posed for me. We had a long chat after lunch, his son being our translator. He cooks everything and is the only one in the kitchen doing everything. He asked if I liked the tomatoes. Of course I did. Said he used good tomatoes, even skinned them. He uses only good stuff. Meat, jamones, oils etc. His restaurant is well-known in Aracena, long before the tourists found out about it.

4XMr7mi.jpg

Proud cook and his sons.

fQqopLC.jpg