Jump to content
  • Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

liuzhou

Dinner 2019

Recommended Posts

Lazy lady dinner tonight.

Greens

1872452439_photo1-1.thumb.JPG.413df9a8e158a2b3dfcfc248a9be42d9.JPG

A huge chunk of lasagna brought over by the nanny next door, who sometimes adopts us

1174000348_photo3.thumb.JPG.340d423884eb79558162a4621902a255.JPG

 

Not what I'd planned, but who's to argue with unsolicited mains?


Edited by Margaret Pilgrim (log)
  • Like 11

eGullet member #80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarassed lil spatched chook for dinner with some boiled pots & veg. Slightly annoyed because I accidentally made the juiciest Roast Chicken I have ever achieved and its only me and the lil fella so 90% is going to be for cold sandwiches / salads during the week 🙄

 

20191215_191204.thumb.jpg.44d9e6a8fec8c1b3635cd8bc31f14b65.jpg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seared Scallops/bacon onion marmalade / yukon mash

 

49215179023_3746032f3d_b.jpg

  • Like 16
  • Delicious 2

Its good to have Morels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Paul Bacino said:

bacon onion marmalade

 

Oh, so yummy-looking, Paul! How did you make the bacon onion marmalade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TdeV said:

 

Oh, so yummy-looking, Paul! How did you make the bacon onion marmalade?

 

@TdeV    So pretty simple/  I cooked bacon, and used some of the rendered bacon fat,  and cooked the onions ( yellow )  long and slow in it.  Took 30-40 mins

 

then crumbled in some of that cooked bacon at the end,  for texture.


Edited by Paul Bacino (log)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Its good to have Morels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half kilo Mont d'Or

21W7zv5.jpg

 

This is one of the two meals I like in the whole world. (The other one is very much the same but with a savoury broth)

Steamed vegs (mushrooms, 2 sorts of beetroot, purple carrots), sourdough rye bread, gherkins, and spicy Iberico morcilla/blood sausage.

EFNIzgm.jpg

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CantCookStillTry said:

Embarassed lil spatched chook for dinner with some boiled pots & veg. Slightly annoyed because I accidentally made the juiciest Roast Chicken I have ever achieved and its only me and the lil fella so 90% is going to be for cold sandwiches / salads during the week 🙄

 

20191215_191204.thumb.jpg.44d9e6a8fec8c1b3635cd8bc31f14b65.jpg

 

Chicken Tetrazzini!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take away.

Okra in tomato sauce with garlic.

Delicious Tabbouleh salad.

Rice stuffed grape vines. They make them well, with the rice creamy and the leaves snappy. Flavored with olive oil, lemon and a hint of spice.

Labneh with zaatar.

Fattayer breads, laminated with olive oil, fresh zaatar leaves, spinach. Baked on a saj.

 

 

IMG_20191206_140855_1.jpg

IMG_20191206_141034.jpg

  • Like 10

~ Shai N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shain said:

Take away.

Okra in tomato sauce with garlic.

Delicious Tabbouleh salad.

Rice stuffed grape vines. They make them well, with the rice creamy and the leaves snappy. Flavored with olive oil, lemon and a hint of spice.

Labneh with zaatar.

Fattayer breads, laminated with olive oil, fresh zaatar leaves, spinach. Baked on a saj.

 

 

IMG_20191206_140855_1.jpg

IMG_20191206_141034.jpg

 

Please tell more about a saj.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Short trip to Amsterdam. Couple dinners photographed under dim light

79292514_959253284458470_5117279440979623936_n.thumb.jpg.afe6eecb73b5b0fda600841173fbc604.jpg

 

 

Appetizer was the Hollands visplateau and just excellent

79413908_546312382766729_3335748700478636032_n.thumb.jpg.be8ceb9ef712f64738c17ce368056de3.jpg

 

And then the fish of the day which I think was halibut. Also lovely

79596419_513590526171495_1787386352883466240_n.thumb.jpg.c69900e870b1e36aaef121ff0b07a378.jpg

 

79174850_426848888200063_3305587163793457152_n.thumb.jpg.94836bba611e90290f39ab29540a7a40.jpg

Pate

80027572_829498040854829_8814078687386271744_n.thumb.jpg.61ead16b73f697cb9304773b1dff225e.jpg

Duck confit

79678453_2562127047444491_8345892046275346432_n.thumb.jpg.a8180e7df007b8b4d9eb8c5a5f15b015.jpg


Edited by gfweb (log)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Delicious 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  You travel to Amsterdam on a whim?

That’s impressive.  I’m envious.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lindag said:

Wow!  You travel to Amsterdam on a whim?

That’s impressive.  I’m envious.

 

Not a whim

LOL

Work!

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by gfweb (log)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, gfweb said:

 

Not a whim

LOL

Work!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How wonderful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lindag said:

How wonderful!

It’s a good deal when the meeting is in a cool place. I ought to wise up and stay longer. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gfweb said:

It’s a good deal when the meeting is in a cool place. I ought to wise up and stay longer. 

Good for you!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tangerines and red onion

553221722_photo1-2.thumb.JPG.e95a75b95ee9f9ec959bc9571f2068d7.JPG

 

"There's nothing to eat" pasta.   =  Small splat of meatball mix; red peppers; portobellos; onion; garlic; fresh basil; tomato paste; cream.

1778250620_photo3.thumb.JPG.25ef6c3b4236a7188b95fa0ca0d7a9e6.JPG

 

Actually pretty good.    

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

eGullet member #80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't make up my mind what kind of saute' dish I wanted to make so here's chicken marsala/piccata/francaise over saffron rice with mushrooms, broccoli, and baby carrots

79098653_748036462365032_1548664386875293696_n.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

 

Please tell more about a saj.

 

 

A saj is a large domed metal surface, similar to a tava. It is common in the Levant, used for baking various flatbreads. Here's a nice video of a skilled woman baking breads on a saj. Among them she bakes a different version of fattayer. The version I had is shaped and laminated more like a large Chinese scallion pancake.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

~ Shai N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, shain said:

 

A saj is a large domed metal surface, similar to a tava. It is common in the Levant, used for baking various flatbreads. Here's a nice video of a skilled woman baking breads on a saj. Among them she bakes a different version of fattayer. The version I had is shaped and laminated more like a large Chinese scallion pancake.

 

 

 

Beautiful, thank you.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I extruded me a bit of Pasta ( yesterday )--  I have an Arcobaleno Ax10

 

This is 70% 00 and 30% semalina --30% hydration

 

49227945761_b35a344019_c.jpg

  • Like 14
  • Delicious 3

Its good to have Morels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...