• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner 2019

liuzhou

7 hours ago, Shelby said:

Last night was venison chili followed by a warm cinnamon roll right out of the oven

thumbnail_IMG_5892.jpg.570fb8e4ce9b43462a16495f9c0ada1f.jpg

@Shelby, what cinnamon roll recipe do you use? Last ones I made were dry.

Don't ask. Eat it.

www.kayatthekeyboard.wordpress.com

19 hours ago, kayb said:

@Shelby, what cinnamon roll recipe do you use? Last ones I made were dry.

I tried a new (to me) one this time by Paula Dean.  I was impressed.  Ronnie commented that the dough was really moist and I agree.  I followed the recipe except I didn't use any nuts or raisins and I always butter the sides and bottom of the pan and then squeeze syrup all over the bottom before putting the dough in.  

Edited by Shelby (log)
  • Like 1

Breakfast for dinner last night for me...

scrambled eggs with the green part of some scallions, homefries with the white part of some scallions and some turkey bacon with some toasted bread.

John has been eating on the turkey breast with gravy, mashed sweet potatoes and sage sausage cornbread stuffing with onions and apple.

Edited by suzilightning (log)
  • Like 4

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

18 hours ago, Shelby said:

I tried a new (to me) one this time by Paula Dean.  I was impressed.  Ronnie commented that the dough was really moist and I agree.  I followed the recipe except I didn't use any nuts or raisins and I always butter the sides and bottom of the pan and then squeeze syrup all over the bottom before putting the dough in.  

This is my goto recipe for cinnamon rolls. If figure if I'm using a ton of butter and sugar, she's probably the best source for a recipe.  

• Like 1

That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

It was so damn hot here last night, we had a mixed salad with grilled haloumi.

DA23437F-D8F3-48F2-A118-F136286673DF.thumb.jpeg.5d46fe631beb70b99c2fb57854c9a11b.jpeg

The night before was pizza fail...old yeast I think. Topping was fresh tomato sauce, mushrooms, white anchovies, basil and mozzarella. It looks okay, but was tough enough to break teeth.

9C459AAB-52AE-4FCC-B35F-20B65DF69EC0.thumb.jpeg.caa70a0417ff130853c5b29397fec666.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

Half a baked potato (done in the air fryer) topped with Chili and a little sour cream.  On the side some steamed broccoli and carrot coins.  I have forgotten about using a baked potato as a base for toppings.  This was really good and very filling for the calories.

sorry no picture...my camera computer upload device doesn’t work....replacing soon.

• Like 8

Another two and a half minute pizza...

Pizza02142019.png

Aged mozzarella rather than fresh.  In this application I think I prefer fresh, but the aged was perfectly OK.  Once again fresh home grown basil from my dining room, not picked until the pie was on the rack.  More than I could eat but I ate all of it anyway.  Soave helped.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou

5D5E9FF8-1E18-4441-A8FB-06E423A02EBA.thumb.jpeg.4e2e44e9b3ca07cb5bec1410bd7d1588.jpeg

Jamaican patty and some pickles.

• Like 13
  • Delicious 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

11 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Another two and a half minute pizza...

Pizza02142019.png

Aged mozzarella rather than fresh.  In this application I think I prefer fresh, but the aged was perfectly OK.  Once again fresh home grown basil from my dining room, not picked until the pie was on the rack.  More than I could eat but I ate all of it anyway.  Soave helped.

How do you make your pizza dough Jo ? It looks delicious and edible.

• Like 2