• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

Artsy Farsty private dinner.....

We had a nice dinner with a modern French styling prepared and served by a private Chef and we ate everything including the kitchen sink.

First the printed menu as it makes things look more posh:

R623DNp.jpg

Started with a salad or should I say une salade or Premier Plat which makes it even more pompous. The assaisonnement was perfect to work with the watermelon - Goat cheese and Passion fruit.

2xmAD7B.jpg

This was followed by a medley of sea food

Jr65mrm.jpg

and cut with a Sorbet of Soursop and Yuzu pearls which was heavenly

sUkHBuV.jpg

The main were a kind of surf and turf which I personally find ridiculous. Filet Mignon and a Josper Prawn are too far away in taste and I do not see the point. They were both nice but there was only a single sauce which was for the Filet Mignon. Two dishes on the same plate. No dice for me.

DOUG5By.jpg

and finally the kitchen sink dessert and we had to roll back home....

nBVpjPs.jpg

The winners were the salad and the Sorbet.....

Nicolai

Nicolai

We had a nice dinner with a modern French styling prepared and served by a private Chef and we ate everything including the kitchen sink.

R623DNp.jpg

Started with a salad or should I say une salade or Premier Plat which makes it even more pompous. The assaisonnement was perfect to work with the watermelon - Goat cheese and Passion fruit.

2xmAD7B.jpg

This was followed by a medley of see food

Jr65mrm.jpg

and cut with a Sorbet of Soursop and Yuzu pearls which was heavenly

sUkHBuV.jpg

The main were a kind of surf and turf which I personally find ridiculous. Filet Mignon and a Josper Prawn are too far away in taste and I do not see the point. They were both nice but there was only a single sauce which was for the Filet Mignon. Two dishes on the same plate. No dice for me.

DOUG5By.jpg

nBVpjPs.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

R623DNp.jpg

2xmAD7B.jpg

This was followed by a medley of see food

Jr65mrm.jpg

and cut with a Sorbet pf Soursop and Yuzu pearls which was heavenly

sUkHBuV.jpg

The main were a kind of surf and turf which I personally find ridiculous. Filet Mignon and a Josper Prawn are too far away in taste and I do not see the point. They were both nice but the there was only a single sauce which was for the Filet Mignon. Two dishes on the same plate. No dice for me.

DOUG5By.jpg

nBVpjPs.jpg