• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Nicolai

Nicolai

Back to Aleppo cuisine which is the best cuisine in the Levant.

It was the restaurant soft opening so we had the chance to taste some of the dishes and make few recommendations.

We started with some freshly baked bread and I had to ask my guest not to have any bread as it just acts as a filler and no Humos - Mutabal...etc was ordered.

We started with the typical Aleppo Mohamara which is a dip made originally with the specific Aleppo Red Pepper grown in the region of Aleppo and which is fruity and low heat. This is mashed and mixed with Pomegranate Molasses - and crushed Walnuts , Breadcrumbs and other ingredients and has a sweet/sour/hot/crunchy taste'

FIGG1Cz.jpg

A different dip is a mix of Tomatoes and Aleppo Red Pepper paste

f0TNggR.jpg

Yalanji are small parcels of Swiss chard with a Rice - Parsley - Crushed Walnuts....etc

smeDhCU.jpg

The mains were Kibbe al Sikh which is grilled Kebbe on skewers with the Aleppo spices

6xH0BPj.jpg

The ubiquitous Lambb Shank

MKKQqfc.jpg

And the famous Aleppo Yabrak which is Vine Leaves stuffed with a mix of minced meat and rice on a bed of Lamb chunks.

YJ7voHL.jpg

I was too full and sleepy to move to the Arabic Sweets shop down the road and had to make do with the Knafe bel Jebn

A meal is never  complete without a sweets coronation.

9qRi6J6.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

Back to Aleppocuisine which is the best cuisine in the Levant.

It was the restaurant soft opening so we had the chance to taste some of the dishes and make few recommendations.

We started with some freshly baked bread and I had to ask my guest not to have any bread as it just acts as a filler and no Humos - Mutabal...etc was ordered.

We started with the typical Aleppo Mohamara which is a dip made originally with the specific Aleppo Red Pepper grown in the region of Aleppo and which is fruity and low heat. This is mashed and mixed with Pomegranate Molasses - and crushed Walnuts , Breadcrumbs and other ingredients and has a sweet/sour/hot/crunchy taste'

FIGG1Cz.jpg

f0TNggR.jpg

Yalanji are small parcels of Swiss chard with a Rice - Parsley - Crushed Walnuts....etc

smeDhCU.jpg

The mains were Kibbe al Sikh which is grilled Kebbe on skewers with the Aleppo spices

6xH0BPj.jpg

MKKQqfc.jpg

And the famous Aleppo Yabrak which is Vine Leaves stuffed with a mix of minced meat and rice on a bed of Lamb chunks.

YJ7voHL.jpg

I was too full and sleepy to move to the Arabic Sweets shop down the road and had to make do with the Knafe bel Jebn

9qRi6J6.jpg

Nicolai

Nicolai

Back to Aleppocuisine which is the best cuisine in the Levant.

We started with the typical Aleppo Mohamara which is a dip made originally with a specific Aleppo Red Pepper grown in the region of Aleppo and which is fruity and low heat. This is mashed and mixed with Pomegranate Molasses - and crushed Walnuts , Breadcrumbs and other ingredients and has a sweet/sour/hot/crunchy taste'

FIGG1Cz.jpg

f0TNggR.jpg

smeDhCU.jpg

6xH0BPj.jpg

MKKQqfc.jpg

YJ7voHL.jpg

I was too full and sleepy to move to the Arabic Sweets shop down the road and had to meke do with the Knafe bel Jebn

9qRi6J6.jpg