• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Dinner11112019.png

Yotam Ottolenghi, Eggplant with buttermilk sauce -- the cover dish of Plenty.  Not the first time I've prepared Eggplant with buttermilk sauce.  And not that I would second guess a master but I do make a minor alteration to the recipe.  Ottolenghi calls for roasting the eggplant at 200F.  Should you roast your eggplant at 200F you shall sit to a late supper.

Served with good bread.

As much as I enjoy Ottolenghi's buttermilk sauce, can you imagine this dish with David Chang's buttermilk ranch dressing?  I can.  And I have another eggplant.

Is it possible he said/meant 200C which is roughly 400F?

Ooops, I see this is addressed above.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

9 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Dinner11112019.png

Yotam Ottolenghi, Eggplant with buttermilk sauce -- the cover dish of Plenty.  Not the first time I've prepared Eggplant with buttermilk sauce.  And not that I would second guess a master but I do make a minor alteration to the recipe.  Ottolenghi calls for roasting the eggplant at 200F.  Should you roast your eggplant at 200F you shall sit to a late supper.

Served with good bread.

As much as I enjoy Ottolenghi's buttermilk sauce, can you imagine this dish with David Chang's buttermilk ranch dressing?  I can.  And I have another eggplant.

Is it possible he said/meant 200C which is roughly 400F?