• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I hesitate to post this because I expect a lot of blowback but the last time I got some ribeye cap steaks I cut them (3) in half and retied them because one each was more than either of us wanted but half of one was not enough and I regretted cutting up the other two but I had done it and they were in the freezer waiting for me to decide what to do with them.  I decided to grind them up and make hamburger with them and sous vide any I may get in the future.  Charlie had two well done and said they were really good. I had one medium and it was good too.  I figure they cost around $5.00 each.  Four more went back in the freezer. 

20190917_171005.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

I hesitate to post this because I expect a lot of blowback but the last time I got some ribeye cap steaks I cut them (3) in half and retied them because one each was more than either of us wanted but half of one was not enough and I regretted cutting up the other two but I had done it and they were in the freezer waiting for me to decide what to do with them.  I decided to grind them up and make hamburger with them and sous vide any I may get in the future.  Charlie had two well done and said they were really good. I had one medium and it was good too.  I figure they cost around $5.00 each. 

20190917_171005.jpg