• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

18 hours ago, HungryChris said:

@kayb, It is a thing my grandmother always did. Even as a young kid, I used to marvel at how well it kept in the heat. I just never gave any other serving option much thought.

HC

I serve my corn that way too, and for the same reason as you (mom and grandma did it that  way).  It really does seem to keep it hot.

43 minutes ago, Duvel said:

On a toast ?!

I think that is a  potholder 🙂

Got home later than planned so my original dinner plans went out the window.  Sandwiches to the rescue.  Leftover ribeye from Saturday, parmesan cheese, truffle butter and greens for husband

steaksandwich.thumb.jpg.4bc5cc63365e7ca1c9b38d49d8897708.jpg

Homemade turkey sausage (from the freezer), egg, tomatoes and greens for me.  Half of each sandwich is wrapped in the fridge for a lunch later.

eggsandwich.thumb.jpg.70e54f2051e4f41b6f46e2e270cf6dad.jpg

liamsaunt

liamsaunt

17 hours ago, HungryChris said:

@kayb, It is a thing my grandmother always did. Even as a young kid, I used to marvel at how well it kept in the heat. I just never gave any other serving option much thought.

HC

I serve my corn that way too, and for the same reason as you (mom and grandma did it that  way).  It really does seem to keep it hot.

40 minutes ago, Duvel said:

On a toast ?!

I think that is a  potholder 🙂

Got home later than planned so my original dinner plans went out the window.  Sandwiches to the rescue.  Leftover ribeye from Saturday, parmesan cheese, truffle butter and greens for husband

steaksandwich.thumb.jpg.4bc5cc63365e7ca1c9b38d49d8897708.jpg

Homemade turkey sausage, egg, tomatoes and greens for me.  Half of each sandwich is wrapped in the fridge for a lunch later.

eggsandwich.thumb.jpg.70e54f2051e4f41b6f46e2e270cf6dad.jpg