• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

lindag

lindag

18 hours ago, Smithy said:

Do, please, report back. I've written elsewhere about our challenges with country-style ribs. My DH adored them when we first met (it was his recipe and technique) but over the years something has changed. Were still trying to get time and temperature right. I like the sound of your accompaniments.

Well. it was pretty good.  Not quite what I remembered when my Mother made it (bit then nothing is really how we remember it).  Not much to look at, that's for sure.  I do think the bone-in ribs added additional flavor to the dish.

I served it on mashed potatoes as that is how I had it before.  Not sure I will make it again; the leftovers tonight will answer that question.

Most of the pork I see around here is the non-injected type, which I prefer.

My usual use of country ribs is for cabbage soup or sometime I cover with bbq sauce, wrap in foil, and bake in a very low oven for a 2-½ hours or so.  Very tasty.

lindag

lindag

Do, please, report back. I've written elsewhere about our challenges with country-style ribs. My DH adored them when we first met (it was his recipe and technique) but over the years something has changed. Were still trying to get time and temperature right. I like the sound of your accompaniments.

Well. it was pretty good.  Not quite what I remembered when my Mother made it (bit then nothing is really how we remember it).  Not much to look at, that's for sure.  I do think the bone-in ribs added additional flavor to the dish.

I served it on mashed potatoes as that is how I had it before.  Not sure I will make it again; the leftovers tonight will answer that question.

Most of the pork I see around here is the non-injected type, which I prefer.

lindag

lindag