• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, kayb said:

The caramelized peach and onion hash sounds fabulous. Details?

Woof!

It's evolving and was a spur of the moment thing...I used diced canned peaches (squirrels stripped my trees again🤬).

I used a dry pan to get the peaches real caramelized and set them aside.

Diced red onion cooked in the same pan with a small dollop of very smokey bacon fat.

Add peaches back to the pan, with a sprig of rosemary and a tsp of soy.

I let it sit while the pork roasted...fished out the rosemary...salt and pepper.

It was good with pork.  I think I'd add some heat next time...a bit of chipotle probably...and maybe diced rosemary.

And next time I'd let the pork rest before slicing  LOL

gfweb

gfweb

1 hour ago, kayb said:

The caramelized peach and onion hash sounds fabulous. Details?

Woof!

It's evolving and was a spur of the moment thing...I used diced canned peaches (squirrels stripped my trees again🤬).

I used a dry pan to get the peaches real caramelized and set them aside.

Diced red onion cooked in the same pan with a small dollop of very smokey bacon fat.

Add peaches back to the pan, with a sprig of rosemary and a tsp of soy.

I let it sit while the pork roasted...fished out the rosemary...salt and pepper.

It was good with pork.  I think I'd add some heat next time...a bit of chipotle probably...and maybe diced rosemary.

And next time let the pork rest before slicing  LOL