• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

dcarch

dcarch

10 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Framable art photos.    Absolutely lovely

Thank you, Thank you!

45 minutes ago, chromedome said:

So what do you think of the behemoth beans? Flavor? Texture? Would you/will you grow 'em again?

There are many others here who have cooked and tasted these huge beans, I think they will all agree that the creamy and buttery flavor and texture are above average in the legume world.

Of course  I will grow them again. They are not cheap beans to buy. Growing the beans yourself is great because they are not dried out if you pick them fresh. Much faster for cooking them tender. Definitely no soaking required.

dcarch

dcarch

dcarch

10 hours ago, Margaret Pilgrim said:

Framable art photos.    Absolutely lovely

Thank you, Thank you!

10 minutes ago, chromedome said:

So what do you think of the behemoth beans? Flavor? Texture? Would you/will you grow 'em again?

There are many others here who have cooked and tasted these huge beans, I think they will all agree that the creamy and buttery flavor and texture are above average in the legume world.

Of course  I will grow them again. They are not cheap beans to buy.

dcarch