• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Could no longer stand it so decided to "fix me some hot crash potatoes with dill sauce".    No pics because my plate while delicious would take a distant third to robirdstx's.    But many thanks for the inspiration.   I'll do better next time with larger than marble potatoes and fresh dill.    (When I lamented to DH that I had forgotten to pick up fresh dill, he commented, "That is definitely a bourgeois tragedy.")

Since this was personal indulgence night, I made DH a batch of Subway Sweet Onion sauce for his hamburger steak.    Another really close but no cigar.    Still, was appreciated.

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

Could no longer stand it so decided to "fix me some hot crash potatoes with dill sauce".    No pics because my plate while delicious would take a distant third to robirdstx's.    But many thanks for the inspiration.   I'll do better next time with larger than marble potatoes and fresh dill.    (When I lamented to DH that I had forgotten to pick up fresh dill, he commented, "That is definitely a bourgeois tragedy."

Since this was personal indulgence night, I made DH a batch of Subway Sweet Onion sauce for his hamburger steak.    Another really close but mo cigar.    Still, was appreciated.