• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

shain

shain

@TdeV @Okanagancook

Thanks both. Here is the recipe. It's not the same one I posted before, as this one is my Neapolitan style dough and the other was for NY style pizzas.

3 pizzas:

6g fresh yeast / 3g dry yeast

280g room temp water

430g AP flour

15g sugar

11g salt

-

Rehydrate yeast in water.

Mix in other ingredients. 

Knead well until a strong dough forms.

Rest 10 minutes, the dough will relax and soften.

Knead again until it's strong and "tough".

Cover and refrigerate overnight (up to 3 nights).

1 to 1.5 hours before baking (more if you have cold climate),  divide the dough into 3 equal pieces.

Shape into balls (look online for bread rolls shaping technique).

Dust well with semolina (flour tend to dry the dough exterior). You may also oil them lightly, but the result will be slightly different.

Cover with towel and rest for 1 to 1.5 hours.

Have a wood fired oven or a really hot broiler with a really hot baking steal ready. I use an electric pita bread oven.

Shape the dough into a pizza, making sure to leave a 2cm wide shoulder unpressed. In general, avoid pressing or over stretching, don't use a rolling pin.

Top with sauce, cheese etc. For a Margarita, I use briefly cooked and blended tomatoes, salt, and cold fresh motz.

Transfer to oven (If you don't feel like risking it, shape and top the pizza over a parchment paper and bake with it).

Bake until the cheese is just fully melted, fresh motz should not be browning and should barely bubble. The crust should be pale but charred at spots. Ideally, it should take about 90-180 seconds.

Remove from oven and place over wire rack, top with basil and other finishing touches (the pistachios and Parmesan on the artichoke pizza are both unbaked).

shain

shain

@TdeV @Okanagancook

Thanks both. Here is the recipe. It's not the same one I posted before, as this one is my Neapolitan style dough and the other was for NY style pizzas.

3 pizzas:

6g fresh yeast / 3g dry yeast

280g room temp water

430g AP flour

15g sugar

11g salt

-

Rehydrate yeast in water.

Mix in other ingredients. 

Knead well until a strong dough forms.

Rest 10 minutes, the dough will relax and soften.

Knead again until it's strong and "tough".

Cover and refrigerate overnight (up to 3 nights).

1 to 1.5 hours before baking (more if you have cold climate),  divide the dough into 3 equal pieces.

Shape into balls (look online for bread rolls shaping technique).

Dust well with semolina (flour tend to dry the dough exterior). You may also oil them lightly, but the result will be slightly different.

Cover with towel and rest for 1 to 1.5 hours.

Have a wood fired oven or a really hot broiler with a really hot baking steal ready. I use an electric pita bread oven.

Shape the dough into a pizza, making sure to leave a 2cm wide shoulder unpressed. In general, avoid pressing or over stretching, don't use a rolling pin.

Top with sauce, cheese etc. For a Margarita, I use crifely cooked and blended tomatoes, salt, and cold fresh motz.

Transfer to oven (If you don't feel like risking it, shape and top the pizza over a parchment paper and bake with it).

Bake until the cheese is just fully melted, fresh motz should not be browning and should barely bubble. The crust should be pale but charred at spots. Ideally, it should take about 90-180 seconds.

Remove from oven and place over wire rack, top with basil and other finishing touches (the pistachios and parmesan on the artichoke pizza are botha unbaked).