• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I really need to come to this topic BEFORE I go shopping, to remind me of things already in the freezer that need to be cooked. @Margaret Pilgrim, what is your shrimp-frying recipe/technique?

Very simple..    Dip in batter (wheat flour+ rice flour + seltzer water + any spice or seasonings you want),.    Fry until golden in HOT oil.    Drain.  

Margaret Pilgrim

Margaret Pilgrim

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

I really need to come to this topic BEFORE I go shopping, to remind me of things already in the freezer that need to be cooked. @Margaret Pilgrim, what is your shrimp-frying recipe/technique?

Very dimple.    Dip in batter (wheat flour+ rice flour + seltzer water + any speice seasonings you want),.    Fry until golden in HOT oil.    Drain.