• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, Norm Matthews said:

Actually, that style originated in Los Angeles.  Koreans call short ribs presented like that 'LA cut'.  .

I first had them grilled by a Taiwanese neighbor bout 30 years ago. I tend to marinate my own but Korean markets have them pre-marinated along with other meats. Not packaged. You indicate how much you want and they put it in plastic bag for you. If one enjoys knawing on gristly bone bits they are a treat along with the flavorful meat. 

heidih

heidih

3 hours ago, Norm Matthews said:

Actually, that style originated in Los Angeles.  Koreans call short ribs presented like that 'LA cut'.  .

I first had them grilled by a Taiwanese neghbor bout 30 years ago. I tend to marinate my own but Korean markets have them pre-marinated along with other meats. Not packaged. You indicate how much you want and they put it in plastic bag for you. If one enjoys knawing on gristly bone bits they are a treat along with the flavorful meat.