• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

2 hours ago, liamsaunt said:

We had some of it last night on sausage sandwiches with peppers, onions, and mozzarella

1255210035_sausagesandwich.thumb.jpg.e41e27d68ab0fb585ff5091c428bac0f.jpg

This is an incredibly smart sandwich build!  I made Mr. Kim come over to my computer to look at it.  We tend to put sausage (whole) in sub rolls.  But they are way too bready and unwieldy.  You end up getting bites of nothing but bread, or sausage or toppings.  We've got some brats in the freezer and will try this method!  Thanks for posting!

ETA - what are the rolls and did you dig out some of the bread?

Kim Shook

Kim Shook

2 hours ago, liamsaunt said:

We had some of it last night on sausage sandwiches with peppers, onions, and mozzarella

1255210035_sausagesandwich.thumb.jpg.e41e27d68ab0fb585ff5091c428bac0f.jpg

This is an incredibly smart sandwich build!  I made Mr. Kim come over to my computer to look at it.  We tend to put sausage (whole) in sub rolls.  But they are way too bready and unwieldy.  You end up getting bites of nothing but bread, or sausage or toppings.  We've got some brats in the freezer and will try this method!  Thanks for posting!