• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Another nice buchon called "Notre Maison". There's a cook and 2 other persons doing everything else. It's a young team and things are more relaxed here. You can sit anywhere, whereas at other buchons you can't.

0g1HYFN.jpg

Serving style is informal, like how I do it at home. The butter at this restaurant also comes with a knife in it and with the wrapping paper intact. Slice as much as you like.

qFirU3g.jpg

Braised beef cheeks

drpdlDJ.jpg

kLEDkz3.jpg

1EfGC6i.jpg

Slow-cooked lentils with sausage. The sausage has a specific taste, similar to the strong taste of pork I had on the first day.

TC1KTFC.jpg

lzlrl9P.jpg

When you are done eating you get some booze. I think it's whiskey. You may pour as much as you like.

muLazcv.jpg

How they want you to feel eating here. Many French tourists are a bit shocked and delighted at the same time. I had done my research well so for me it was no surprise. I had a nice time here. The young crew is lovely.

PRiYi6e.jpg

There's a resident cat. Very affectionate creature, he has a path build on the wall. Non matching chairs are probably from charity shops or given by relatives and friends.

ceNEeVQ.jpg

Where the cat drinks

JPst2Uc.jpg

Behind me is the smallest fireplace I've ever seen.

wxBx5z5.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Another nice buchon called "Notre Maison". There's a cook and 2 other persons doing everything else. It's a young team and things are more relaxed here. You can sit anywhere, whereas at other buchons you can't.

0g1HYFN.jpg

Serving style is informal, like how I do it at home. The butter at this restaurant also comes with a knife in it and with the wrapping paper intact. Slice as much as you like.

qFirU3g.jpg

Braised beef cheeks

drpdlDJ.jpg

kLEDkz3.jpg

1EfGC6i.jpg

Slow-cooked lentils with sausage. The sausage has a specific taste, similar to the strong taste of pork I had on the first day.

TC1KTFC.jpg

lzlrl9P.jpg

When you are done eating you get some booze. I think it's whiskey. You may pour as much as you like.

muLazcv.jpg

How they want you to feel eating here. Many French tourists are a bit shocked and delighted at the same time. I had done my research well so for me it was no surprise. I had a nice time here. The young crew is lovely.

PRiYi6e.jpg

There's a resident cat. Very affectionate creature, he has a path build on the wall. Chairs are probably from charity shops or given by relatives and friends.

ceNEeVQ.jpg

Where the cat drinks

JPst2Uc.jpg

Behind me is the smallest fireplace I've ever seen.

wxBx5z5.jpg