• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

First meal in Lyon, France.

Pork scratchings and Rosette de Lyon, the most famous of all Lyonnaise sausages.

ClUcdKZ.jpg

A giant pike dumpling served with lobster sauce. Reminds me of Norwegian Fiskeboller/fish balls but then a lot more refined and fancy.

yzZ7vti.jpg

Cut open

1tNZSCe.jpg

The dish I wanted to order wasn't available yesterday so I got this braised pork shoulder. Came in a perfect disk shape, smelled and tasted stronger than typical pork. (Aesthetically uninteresting before slicing in 2 pieces)

HrAXT2i.jpg

Fan of French gastronomy who hasn't met a potato she didn't like, especially cooked in cream. I love cream, butter, and most dairy products!!!

iB1Bx42.jpg

I don't have this quality of baguette at home. The texture is like sourdough. 

ZKUH5PZ.jpg

People tell me "if I eat like you I'd be fat fat fat". Now I can say "if I eat like Lyonnaise I'd be fat fat fat". Haven't seen a fat French person yet since my arrival last night, and they eat twice as much as I do. Usually full 3 course meals and lots of wine.

paM80UH.jpg

Menu on a little chalk board brought to your table soon after your arrival. Buchons are traditional restaurants serving traditional (heavy and delicious) home-style food. Dishes listed are all typical Lyonnaise.

TkQD8l0.jpg

I was the first to show up, 5 minutes later the place was completely full. I wouldn't be able to make this photo then. Authentic Lyonnaise buchons are always always always full so if you don't have reservation then too bad for you, unless you are very lucky that day.

UE6Bfo0.jpg

Only authentic certified buchons are bestowed this honour.

aAkwbqx.jpg

Exterior of restaurant. It's very small inside.

Z87nqQt.jpg

Back at my lodging shortly after.

tMsKJiD.jpg

This is Lyon, I expect no less. Chips with black truffle.

LDU7ods.jpg

0,25% truffle

IKjw16q.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Pork scratchings and Rosette de Lyon, the most famous of all Lyonnaise sausages.

ClUcdKZ.jpg

A giant pike dumpling served with lobster sauce. Reminds me of Norwegian Fiskeboller/fish balls but then a lot more refined and fancy.

yzZ7vti.jpg

Cut open

1tNZSCe.jpg

The dish I wanted to order wasn't available yesterday so I got this braised pork shoulder. Came in a perfect disk shape, smelled and tasted stronger than typical pork. (Aesthetically uninteresting before slicing in 2 pieces)

HrAXT2i.jpg

Fan of French gastronomy who hasn't met a potato she didn't like, especially cooked in cream. I love cream, butter, and most dairy products!!!

iB1Bx42.jpg

ZKUH5PZ.jpg

People tell me "if I eat like you I'd be fat fat fat". Now I can say "if I eat like Lyonnaise I'd be fat fat fat". Haven't seen a fat French person yet since my arrival last night, and they eat twice as much as I do. Usually full 3 course meals and lots of wine.

paM80UH.jpg

Menu on a little chalk board brought to your table soon after your arrival. Buchons are traditional restaurants serving traditional (heavy and delicious) home-style food. Dishes listed are all typical Lyonnaise.

TkQD8l0.jpg

I was the first to show up, 5 minutes later it was completely full. I wouldn't be able to make this photo then. Authentic Lyonnaise buchons are always always always full so if you don't have reservation it's too bad, unless you are very lucky that day.

UE6Bfo0.jpg

aAkwbqx.jpg

Exterior of restaurant. It's very small inside.

Z87nqQt.jpg

Back at my lodging shortly after.

tMsKJiD.jpg

This is Lyon, I expect no less. Chips with black truffle.

LDU7ods.jpg

0,25% truffle

IKjw16q.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

ClUcdKZ.jpg

yzZ7vti.jpg

Cut open

1tNZSCe.jpg

HrAXT2i.jpg

iB1Bx42.jpg

ZKUH5PZ.jpg

paM80UH.jpg

TkQD8l0.jpg

I was the first to show up, 5 minutes later it was completely full. I wouldn't be able to make this photo then. Authentic Lyonnaise buchons are always always always full so if you don't have reservation it's too bad, unless you are very lucky that day.

UE6Bfo0.jpg

aAkwbqx.jpg