• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

4 hours ago, TdeV said:

Hi Ann,

How do you stretch your pizza? (In spite of making pizzas for years, I have a fairly clumsy way of stretching out the dough).

Your pizzas (again) look fabulous. It seems to me that you have very little dough gumminess (?) where the topping intersects the dough. How do you manage thi\for

Thanks.

o

I am obviously  not Ann but just as with phyllo or puff pastry ya gotta just do it. The current trend is high hiydation. With a standard recipe

the "rest" is critical. I grew up with noodles and leaarned dough resting at great grand mother's knee. When you look at shows you see just a sort of hand  knuckle  movement rather than actual touching/pulling. Think also of pie crust - cool hamds and just do it.

heidih

heidih

4 hours ago, TdeV said:

Hi Ann,

How do you stretch your pizza? (In spite of making pizzas for years, I have a fairly clumsy way of stretching out the dough).

Your pizzas (again) look fabulous. It seems to me that you have very little dough gumminess (?) where the topping intersects the dough. How do you manage thi\for

Thanks.

o

I am obviously  not Ann but just as with phyllo or puff pastry ya gotta just do it. The current trend is high hiydation. With a standard recipe

the "rest" is critical. I grew up with noodles and leaarned dough resting at great grand mother's knee. When you look at shows you see just a sort of hand  knuckle  ovement rather than actual touching/pulling. Think also of pie crust - cool hamds and just do it.