• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Ann_T

Ann_T

I agree @scubadoo97, but sometimes having the option of "quick" works.  Especially one that tastes just as good. 

2 hours ago, eugenep said:

Looks really good.

Do you end up with a lot of braising liquid though? I have a large 6-7 qt PC so I have to add a lot of liquid. 

I mean...the liquid is so fatty that I'm assuming it couldn't be used as soup..so do you end up throwing it away or reduce it to a sauce or de-fat and save for broth? thanks 

@eugenep,  I didn't put a lot of broth in. Just up to the minimum.   And the Breville PC is a 6 litre.    I had less than two cups of liquid left so I froze it with the solids (garlic, onion).   Too good to throw way.

Ann_T

Ann_T

I agree @scubadoo97, but sometimes having the option of "quick" works.  

2 hours ago, eugenep said:

Looks really good.

Do you end up with a lot of braising liquid though? I have a large 6-7 qt PC so I have to add a lot of liquid. 

I mean...the liquid is so fatty that I'm assuming it couldn't be used as soup..so do you end up throwing it away or reduce it to a sauce or de-fat and save for broth? thanks 

@eugenep,  I didn't put a lot of broth in. Just up to the minimum.   And the Breville PC is a 6 litre.    I had less than two cups of liquid left so I froze it with the solids (garlic, onion).   Too good to throw way.