• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

putting the letters in the correct order

I may have said this before, but I am sure that there no-one in China over the age of eight who can't cook egg and tomato!

Some years back, I asked a group of 18 year old students to write me the instructions for any "Chinese" dish they could cook. 95% chose egg and tomato! I'd say for 96% of those, it was possibly the only thing they could cook.

It seldom appears on menus, but you can always get it. There isn't 1 in 1.4 billion people can't throw it together.

The downside is that for vegetarians. which I thank all the gods I'm not , it's the only dish they ever get!

Nothing wrong with it, though. And seldom served alone. The animals parts will be another dish.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I may have said this before, but I am sure that there no-one in China over the age of eight who can't cook egg and tomato!

Some years back, I asked a group of 18 year old students to write me the instructions for any "Chinese" dish they could cook. 95% chose egg and tomato! I'd say for 96% of those, it was possibly the only thing they could cook.

It seldom appears on menus, but you can always get it. There isn't 1 in 1.4 billion people can't throw it together.

The downside is that for vegetarians. which I thank all the gods I'm not , it's the only dish they ever get!

Nothing wrong with it, though. And seldom served alnoe. The animals parts will be another dish.