• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

The other day Charlie asked if I could make empanadas again plus find recipes for Puerto Rican chicken wings and rice.  I made the empanadas a couple days ago. I have made those before.  I showed Charlie a couple recipes for PR chicken. One was for wings and he picked it.  It was marinated and grilled or roasted. It was way too cold to grill so it went in the oven.  It didn't brown very much but was good. I will look for a fried chicken recipe to try next.   I have found almost everything for the rice but made a Mexican style today.  It was a Goya mix from the Mexican grocery. 

20190130_174214.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

The other day Charlie asked if I could make empanadas again plus find recipes for Puerto Rican chicken wings and rice.  I made the empanadas a couple days ago and showed Charlie a couple recipes for PR chicken. One was for wings and he picked it.  It was marinated and grilled or roasted. It was way too cold to grill so it went in the oven.  It didn't brown very much but was good. I will look for a fried chicken recipe to try next.   I have found almost everything for the rice but made a Mexican style today.  It was a Goya mix from the Mexican grocery. 

20190130_174214.jpg