• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

What is the likelihood that I might like the smoked duck or the shrimp?  I’m not asking you to get inside my head only to tell me if there is a marked change.  

Oh, nevermind. I’ll just have to find out for myself.  Still, I’d like to see your response. Perhaps you even know someone who dislikes tea as a drink.....

I don't see why you might not like it as a vegetable or smoking fuel. I don't particularly like drinking tea - I might have one cup a year.

Used as a vegetable it brings a vegetal note and a slight bitterness (tannin) which compliments the sweetness of the shrimp. Dragon's Well tea is the preferred choice for this dish. More here.

prawns green tea.jpg

Jasmine tea is the choice for smoking. It brings that floral note to the duck. it is seldom made at home, though.

liuzhou

liuzhou

9 hours ago, Anna N said:

What is the likelihood that I might like the smoked duck or the shrimp?  I’m not asking you to get inside my head only to tell me if there is a marked change.  

Oh, nevermind. I’ll just have to find out for myself.  Still, I’d like to see your response. Perhaps you even know someone who dislikes tea as a drink.....

I don't see why you might not like it as a vegetable or smoking fuel. I don't particularly like drinking tea - I might have one cup a year.

Used as a vegetable it brings a vegetal note and a slight bitterness (tannin) which compliments the sweetness of the shrimp. Dragon's Well tea is the preferred choice for this dish.

prawns green tea.jpg

Jasmine tea is the choice for smoking. It brings that floral note to the duck. it is seldom made at home, though.